Rae Sremmurd and Gucci Mane earned their first ever Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 song thanks to the success of “Black Beatles” due to the Mannequin Challenge.
The song saw a resurgence in sales and digital stream over the last couple of weeks after it became the standard soundtrack to the now viral Mannequin Challenge. The track even got a cosign from a real life Beatles, Paul McCartney.
“Black Beatles” is featured on Rae Remmurd’s last album SremmLife 2, which was released in September. The Mike WiLL Made-It-produced track was sitting at No. 9 before the Mannequin Challenge but catapult to No. 1 in just a mere week.
“To be able to put Gucci Mane, the person that gave me my first opportunity in music, and Rae Sremmurd, the debut artist from my [imprint, Eardrummer], on what’s both [Rae Sremmurd and Gucci Mane’s] biggest record ever, and the first Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 for both, is something I could have never imagined or dreamed of,” Mike WiLL Made-It told Billboard.
The producer, as well as, Gucci Mane tweeted about the achievement earlier this week. “We the definition of hard work paying off, & patience being a virtue,” he wrote on Twitter.
“Triple salute to my brother mike will and Rae sremmurd !!!!Black Beatles number one record! my first number1 and to do it with fam! Perfect,” Gucci tweeted.
“Black Beatles” is now the go-to track to please any crowd and could hang on to the top spot on the chart for a few more weeks.
The Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 (Nov 14).
1. Rae Sremmurd – “Black Beatles”
2. The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey – “Closer”
3. The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk – “Starboy”
4. Twenty One Pilots – “Heathens”
5. DJ Snake feat. Justin Bieber – “Let Me Love You”
6. Bruno Mars – “24K Magic”
7. Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – “Side to Side”
8. Zay Hilfigerrr & Zayion McCall – “Juju on That Beat (TZ Anthem)”
9. D.R.A.M. feat. Lil Yachty – “Broccoli”
10. Maroon 5 feat. Kendrick Lamar – “Don’t Wanna Know”